[Part 4/7]: How to ACTUALLY do anything you set your mind to
When I heard the words “you can do anything” growing up, I really took them to heart.
I would come up with INSANE (and vague) goals for myself that I was crazy determined to accomplish. As an example, I remember being in the car with my grandfather one day and when he asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up, I said: “I want to be a psychiatrist AND a model.”
He chuckled, probably thinking I was nuts. But in my mind, it was ‘do or die’. It was going to happen.
On the one hand, you’d think it’s a good thing that I ignored everyone and went after what I wanted. The problem was that I was a little delusional. I thought I could accomplish anything in crazy short amounts of time. And when I DIDN’T…or I realized that things were going to take a lot longer than I thought OR that I would have to work a lot longer than I thought…I felt devastated. I had ‘failed’.
Which meant: I never ended up accomplishing anything I truly wanted!
Which is the exact OPPOSITE of what any ‘perfectionist’ sets out to do. We’re achieving machines. Except…we’re also not.
Because we’re SO afraid of failure, we end up either:
- Getting started…but not following through…and feeling bad about it
- Never starting at all because the fear of failure is so strong…which leads us to feeling worse about ourselves
And yet, we still subscribe to this way of doing things because we don’t know any other way.
But today, that changes.
I FINALLY learned how to change my approach to ‘setting goals’, achieving them, and finishing projects that mattered to me.
And in today’s video, I’ll show you:
- The exact approach I took to accomplish more than I ever could, and discover skills I never even knew I had—WITHOUT that crazy pressure to perform. In fact, it was FUN.
- How I developed a 7 year long habit of working out and feeling fantastic–no matter how busy my life got. I’ll tell you the secret to long-term, lasting change
- The FINAL building block to build true confidence that lasts…and the ONE thing I want you to do today to develop your ‘Killer Confidence Action Plan’
And next week, I’ll tell you about my course, Confidence 10X–so you can never worry about whether you’re ‘good enough’ again. [This is only for people on my email list, and you can sign up below].